Monday, July 22, 2024

Captain America Laptop Sleeve and Witcher Pillows

 Not everything I make has to be elaborate or even a purse! For the laptop sleeve, I took the Sewn Ideas Book Sleeve and added on a few inches to make it fit a laptop!

It doesn't look bigger than the usual ones I make, but it is!

The pocket stayed the same size, and I just made sure all the edges were finished so I could sew it on the outside. 

I can use all custom fabric for some of the smaller items!

I also added a top zipper, to make it more secure than with just the tab.

Inside the main pocket, has some padding to protect the laptop
I think the zipper pull came from Zor-Elle. Probably? The fabric was from Moonbeam Textiles, which is closed now, and I'm so sad that the custom fabric world seems to be shrinking again. This does force me to buy less fabric for my collection, so my wallet is happier.

Cap's shield zipper pull

Back, just the awesome Avengers fabric
This order also included some fun pillow covers, for which I used panels from Zor-elle Fabrics. The hardest part about doing pillow covers is making sure they are cut square, especially since one of them was a body pillow size and my cutting mat is only 3 feet long!

Strategic folding to hide the wording...
The zippers are actually straight, or they will be when full of a pillow.
Smaller pillow, one side

These are 'adult' pillows so probably don't keep scrolling if you are easily offended. ;) 

No, not this one...

This one!

I enjoy orders with lots of 'easy' pieces to them, they seem like they will take me a while, but really come together pretty quickly! This order also had some inhaler holders and a matching vax card holder (I'm still catching up on sharing old orders!)

With more parts of the order, some inhaler cases an a vax card holder

The lime green plague doctor fabric on neon green vinyl. Amazing match.
Speaking of orders, I have room in the schedule for a few more! Just send me a message on FB or contact me through Etsy if you'd like your very own custom order!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!