|No action shots, my model wouldn't cooperate!|
Once I got her measurements, I was able to procrastinate on making it for quite a while. ;) When I finally started, it came together very nicely and relatively quick. I was having some issues with the top to skirt seam because it just didn't want to go inside the top pieces for a nice finished look. I decided to cheat and enclosed the seam in bias tape. It made it a little thicker, but at least no fraying ends or messy seam is visible!
|I didn't prewash enough of the Mario fabric, so the top became a solid blue Kona cotton, which I think I like more!|
I also did french seams on the skirt since I cut it in one large piece, instead of 2, and I had some extra fabric to work with. I only prewashed a few yards of this awesome Mario fabric, I bought the whole bolt, but I'm down to maybe 4 yards now...Time to stock up again!
|The back has elastic to make it a little more fitted|
The hem also got the bias tape treatment, but I decided to go fancy and use one of the special stitches on my machine to make it prettier. Except I still couldn't sew exactly straight...but it's for an active little girl, I'm sure she won't hold still long enough for anyone to closely examine it. ;)
|I don't know what you are seeing, but that's TOTALLY straight...it must have been the way it was laying that makes it look crooked...yes, that's it.|