Wednesday, April 19, 2017

WIP Wednesday - April is Rushing By!

I'm still looking for that magical pause button for life, but so far no luck... It's almost time to pack up my sewing sprawl for a move to a new sewing room...which means that I won't be able to sew for WEEKS!!  I might go crazy!  Or, it will inspire me to clean and unpack faster so I can get back to sewing.  ;)  Before I go through sewing withdraw, I'm trying to get everything done, like the Ellen's Esplanade Sew along!
Magnolia Mini Messenger by Blue Calla

I also had an urgent request from my oldest for a 'business' messenger bag.  Only in black and solid colors, so I had to reign myself in and only do what she asked.  I didn't even stick a 'handmade' tag on it!  Fortunately I had some black and grey solids in my stash (I think for crayon roll lining?) and was able to make her a fast bag.  I started it Sunday afternoon and finished the last bits on Monday after work.  That is probably the fastest I've ever made a purse!


Part of the weekend was taken up with our egg project - the tie-dye egg kit, which made some awesome eggs (and an even more awesome mess).  I finally got all the dye off my skin!  Someday I might remember to wear gloves, but where's the fun in that?
Prophetic Geek Chic box for this month!
I'm trying to limit myself and not take any orders until June, which of course means I am getting requests and inquiries for custom purses and rush Mulan combs...

Current Projects:

  • Ruched Shirt - Going to try this one using some of my less fancy knit fabric, hopefully it is fast and flattering! 
  • Business Magnolia Messenger - Rush request and already done!
  • Shih Tzu wallet - Done and delivered!
  • Ellen's Esplanade - Using some awesome custom printed Harry Potter Coffee fabric!
I'm actually following along on my own Sew Along for once!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  -  Tail/bikini left. 
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - started working on it again!
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - February and March - going to try to do at least 4 of the patterns before the club ends in June!
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map (?)
  • Tote bags using my new coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive still hasn't happened...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  10. zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!