Wednesday, April 18, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Naps Sound Amazing

For some reason, the later I stay up, the more tired I get.  It's like sleep is required or something.  I wish I was one of the people that can take a 10-15 minute nap and wake up refreshed, but if I ever do nap, it's at least 3 hours and I'm groggy for several hours after that...
Dread Pirate Roberts will be on my next purse!  He's MINE!
You might have seen some of my recent etsy purchases on Instagram, but in case you didn't, these Porg pins are my new obsession...
I'm trying to decide how to display them because they are too cute!!
I'm slowly getting caught up on my orders, and haven't taken on a ton more so I have a chance next month to actually do some 'just because' sewing and use up my stash!  Maybe I'll even work on organizing my fabrics and finally destashing the ones I'm no longer loving.   That might be a Herculean task...can I hire Hercules?
Sneak peek of the next round from Moon Beam!  Lord of the Rings!

Don't forget to get in your preorder at Moon Beam Textiles!  The Gamer round closes in just a few days.

Current Projects and Orders:

  • Add Strap to Starlet clutch 
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney 
  • Pattern Test  - Quick turn around, need to have it finished tonight!  
  • Connie's wristlets and NCW
  • Concealed carrry Bonnie - Had me a little stumped, but I think I finally figured it out
  • LOTR strike off projects - One done, one to go!
  • Ellen's Esplanade HP purse
  • Pick a Pocket/Brandt's Boulevard mix wallet 
  • Teacher gifts (end of year is approaching pretty fast! I think I'll have to do 3 for one kid and 1 for another one... time to find a quick pattern and go with it!)
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with hood and fun fabric

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy orders
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • More applique key chains!  I have some fun 80's and 90's fabric, plus other small prints!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Scrap buster C2C using random odds and ends...onto the 6th skein!
  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!