Sunday, May 19, 2019

Creepy and Kooky Minimalist Wallet - Noodlehead Creations (Fabric-Sky Love Creations)

I had the opportunity to be a strike off seamstress for Sky Love Creation's latest preorder, which has some ADORABLE Addam's family fabric!  The plan was to make 2 lanterns with the fabric (pics coming tomorrow!), but I ended up getting some extra, so I was able to add on a quick wallet.
Doesn't everyone have a skull goblet just laying around? Or is that just my child?
The Minimalist pattern from Noodlehead has been on my 'want to make' list for a while, and while it looked pretty simple (and quick), I just haven't had any free time to try it out! I needed a coordinate to break up the portraits, and Venus fly traps and Death Head Moths fabric was totally perfect! I used my skull and crossbones snaps just for that extra little details.
Inside has a slip pocket, 3 card slots, and a zipper pocket

The wallet is definitely a fast one, and now that I've made one, I bet I can cut the time in half at least!  I even modified it to keep the fabric right side up when it is closed.
My advisor on the macabre decided the fabric needed some whimsical creepy added, so teeny animals in glass vials showed up.
I also replaced the heavier interfacing with regular Decovil, and added some to the top snap location to give that some structure as well.  I had to interface almost every piece since the fabric I received was cotton lycra, which means the seams are not as crisp where there are a million layers.  (ok, only like 16 layers, plus the decovil)  It was also a pain to turn, so next time, add the Decovil AFTER I turn it...
Those snaps were the perfect finishing touch!

There's another version of this wallet that is about half the size, and I really want to make a few of those as well!  Perfect for my scraps of fabric and using up my stash of snaps!

Don't forget to preorder your fabric from Sky Love Creations! The round closes on June 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!