Monday, May 13, 2019

Dance Your Cares Away India Hobo (Swoon)

I admit it, I'm a HUGE Muppets fan! While I can only do the voice of Super Grover (and Yoda, since they are so similar), I've often stated that when I grow up, I want to be a Muppet.  Then Moon Beam Textiles ran a fun fabric round with Muppets and Fraggles, and my little Muppet heart skipped a beat.
I kept singing the Dance your cares away song while sewing, but I only know some of the words, so it got repetitive LOL
Adorable!
Fortunately, I have customers that are also fans, so I was able to play with this fun fabric and create an awesome India reversible hobo bag!  The pattern is from Swoon and it comes together SO quickly now that I've made several!  The only thing to watch out for is putting the slip pocket on.  I triple check it to make sure it's even since there were a few times I had to rip a purse apart to fix obviously crooked pockets.
I remembered to add on zipper bling, can't do it with all my zippers but this was perfect!
Reversible means that I can feature 2 different fabrics and really show them off! One way is all Fraggles, with an amazing panel, and the other way features cute Muppets.  I really need to make myself something with this fabric before it's all gone!
The 'plain' side
Gonzo and Beeker are my favorites, but I love them all!
The order also had a few add-ons.  The Teeny Backpacks are quite popular, and adorable!
One of the few cartoons on this fabric I don't remember, but customer loved it!
Velma and TMNT!
I had scraps of this fabric left after the backpack, and they are PERFECT for this!
He looks pretty courageous to me!
The backpacks are fully lined, with no exposed seams!  Yes, I'm a bit crazy.
I recently started making the triangle zip keychains as a way to use up my stash of printed vinyl.  They are super cute and barely made a dent in my stash, so time to sew faster!
fun unicorn vinyl and pretty gold hardware!

I love fast orders like this one, although the add ons did slow me down a little.  Who could resist all that cuteness tho?  Up on the list soon is another of the same bag, but with the Wizard of Oz fabric!  Just waiting for that preorder to arrive and then it will jump the line a little to get finished asap!
This picture just makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!