Friday, May 21, 2021

Star Wars Strapfield (ChrisW Designs)

I really like the new idea that instead of just one Star Wars day (or 2 if you count Revenge of the 5th/6th), we go with "This is the May (way)" so in that spirit, here's another fun purse!

The front pockets look like jean pockets to me...and they are much deeper than most women's pants pockets!
The Strapfield from ChrisW Designs is a handy bag, with lots of pockets and style! I prefer to leave the front pouch pocket off, so I can really show off the pretty fabrics. This fun Star Wars inspired fabric came from Hapa fabrics.  The blue accent fabric is the always pretty Uncorked (cork looking) fabric.
Back side really allows you to showcase the fun fabric!

in shoulder strap mode...
When I say it has a lot of pockets, I mean a LOT of pockets! There are the divided slip pockets, plus a zipper pocket on the front, another phone/slip pocket on the back, and more inside the bag!
Peeking down into the front zipper pocket

My assistant showing off the back phone/slip pocket

One of the best features of the Strapfield is the convertible feature. You can clip the straps lower to be a shoulder bag, or pull them out along the side and have a backpack! Or clip them to the top circles and you have a nice cross-body bag! I love using the buckle D rings from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts since they don't twist around! Plus the fun clip connector is secure but easy to switch up depending on how you want to wear it!
The connector is called "It's the claw" lobster clasp

I have no idea where I bought the rings, but I'm getting low so time to start looking for more!
The lining fabric is a gorgeous metallic printed licensed fabric.  I only snagged a yard of this one when it released, so I'm kicking myself now!  I try not to stockpile a bunch of the same fabric so I can have a wider variety, but sometimes I have regrets....

The gold insignia are metallic printed!
Nice and roomy!
The Night Mare zipper tape was a perfect accent, and the rainbow Rebel insignia zipper pull is one of my favorites! The best part about doing a custom order is that I can mix and match fandoms, so this one had a Tardis zipper pull sneak in for a fun crossover!
Almost managed to get the colors of the night mare tape...

I have a stockpile of these zipper pulls, some of the first custom ones I collected!
I had fun recruiting some models to assist in showing off this awesome bag. Salacious Crumb kept laughing, so I think he approved.
*cackles approvingly*
Grogu was intrigued by the shiny hardware...
"Oooh..."
This was the small version of the Strapfield, and it is still plenty roomy!  I have a little more this awesome fabric left in my stash, plus another version with a different background color...I might even have some matching panels, but I can't remember now.  
Are we done yet, I want a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!