Thursday, March 31, 2022

HP School Essential Cross Body Purse - Longshore Custom Fabrics

This amazing vinyl is from Longshore Custom Fabrics and is available NOW for preorder! I only received a small piece, so I squeezed as much out of it as I could! The Essential Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas was a perfect little bag.

A pretty set!

The vinyl is textured, but the print is still crisp and it feels nice! I did interface the strap vinyl pieces for a little extra strength, but it's a pretty thick vinyl and didn't seem like it would easily tear. I usually avoid vinyl for 'real' purses just because I worry that even with my workhorse machine it will fight me, but this one sewed great!

Rainbow Buckle D rings, so pretty!
The Essential Crossbody bag is a cute little bag, big enough for just the essentials! I left off the outside zipper pocket because I need to get it sewn up quickly, and I dread doing vinyl zipper pockets (they sometimes take a lot of brute force to get it folded nicely). There is still an inside zipper and slip pockets, so a little organization at least!

This bag opens up nice and wide!
Inside zipper pocket, with my tag

Using the heart to hold it open

The purple glittery zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a perfect match, and the rainbow hardware was the obvious choice! I was able to use 3 of my favorite zipper pulls, the Luna glasses, Hallows, and a lightning bolt! I even used the ever pretty Fairy Floss sewing string for my sewing, which was the perfect amount of blending and with a subtle pop!

Pretty zipper pulls

Ok, hard to see the thread, but it's pretty, trust me!

I love the pale iridescent colors of the zipper teeth!
The strap is another of the premade ones from Glitterbug Fairy, so it's not exactly 'cross-body' but it was SUPER fast and matches almost perfectly! I think it could be cross body for a child, more like shoulder length for an adult. The good news is that since it clips on, it would be easy to switch to a longer strap! 
Fun strap!

I even had a few scraps left over and was able to fussy cut a fun Candy Hearts pouch from Sincerely Jen!

I really need to remember where I got the Hogwarts crest snaps from!

I had JUST enough to fussy cut one (mostly) centered crest!

Of course I had to play around with my Tri-Wizard lamp, either it's brighter than I realized, or my camera really likes low light!

Maybe I should mod the lamp for a blue flame like in the movie...
This could be in the swag bag for the Tri-Wizard Cup!
I'm definitely going to preorder more of this vinyl! It even comes in fabric versions, but the light colors and a wipe off vinyl seem like a really good combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!