Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Greenery 27 Pocket Wallet

Did you ever look at a pattern and think, 'eh, it seems pretty easy.' and then later come to regret all your choices in life? Just me? Hmmm... Actually this pattern isn't THAT bad, it just has binding on every part of the wallet and I really hate doing binding. I never feel like the sewing machine does it straight, especially over uneven layers, so I end up hand sewing it all on. And I rarely hand sew anymore so I'm SUPER slow at it...

Clean and simple outside

and it opens up to a ton of pockets!
But the finished product is worth it! (right?)  I will definitely being doubling my price on this one if I ever make it again (and not just due to the desire to never make another one, it was a lot more work than I expected!) The pattern is the 27 pocket wallet, and it really does have a pocket for everything!

First pocket section has card slots, slip pockets, and a 'hidden' pocket behind card slots

Center section is ALL card slots
Third section is more card slots, slip pockets and a zipper pocket

Oh yes, there is also a long paper money pocket
This is one of those rare 'pretty' things I make, that isn't a character or fandom. The leaves and matching green came from Joann's (pretty sure...) and are very soothing. 

I feel like it would really show off some other pretty fabrics in my stash

I impressed myself with the nearly perfect binding corners!

I used clips to hold the binding in place while I was hand sewing, that way I only poked myself with the needle!
I will say that it was super satisfying when this wallet was finished -- I loved to open it and 'page' through the sections before sending it out! I'm trying to downsize my card collection that I bring with me everywhere, but there was one point when this would have been so awesome for all the loyalty card that every store had before they switched to apps!

It even looks like a book here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!