Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Sewing Mice - Waist Bag and All the Small Things!

These go by many names: Fanny Pack, Waist Bag, Go Pack (I might have made that one up), Bum Bag, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

I've been informed by a child that this is the only acceptable way to wear these - cross body.

The waist bags are pretty simple to make, especially compared to some of the patterns in my collection. The fun part is how they end up with such a classic 80's shape! Using the awesome fabrics really makes them cool again, right?

I had the perfect lavender zipper in my stash from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, plus some adorable mice zipper pulls from Level Up Hardware

Did she have a name? I can't remember!

Gus is MUCH cuter in person!

I found a shimmery Fairy Frost fabric in my stash that gives it a little bit of magic inside! I only needed a small amount, so it's perfect for using up scraps left from bigger projects! 

Inside is surprisingly roomy
The Fairy Frost shimmery printed fabric is so magical!

Back, I could probably add in another pocket but that might make it lumpy against the body
In addition to the fun bum bag, this order had a BUNCH of different little things to go with it! A few teeny backpacks, some id pouches, a key fob, and even ornaments!

The ENTIRE order!
And everything fit inside the bum bag!
The sewing mice fabric is the purple version from Hapa Fabrics, one of my all time favorite fabrics! The details and colors make it a super fun fabric, and the small size of the print is perfect for so many little items!

This order was from early 2021, so a matching mask was definitely needed!
Some of the fun things added on to the order were a modified pouch to mimic the VB style ones with the window. Now there are even more patterns available to make similar ones, and they probably are a little easier to finish than the one I came up with!

Of course it needed the Gus pull!

This one is so perfect with the castle, and the sparkly zipper tape!
My perfect pattern matching, that will be hidden as soon as it has an id in there!
At least the backs are super pretty!
Can almost see how fun the zippers are, the stained glass has a sparkle and the other is rainbow teeth!
Fronts

I also made a few of the Teeny Backpacks, in a gorgeous Magical Toile from Knitorious!

I went with the slightly larger version of the teeny backpacks to fit the whole image!
Of course they needed coordinating zippers! 

Hermoine's has Hagrid on the back with a wand zipper pull

I love making the little things, but they always end up taking me longer than I expect! Someday, maybe, I'll have time to make a bunch extra for ready to ship items, but that's in the distant future at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!