Monday, November 14, 2022

Wizardry Color The One With MMK - Longshore Custom Fabric/Sincerely Jen

I really enjoy the challenge of picking a perfect pattern to go with the strike fabric that arrives at my house. This gorgeous Wizardry Color fabric is running for preorder at Longshore Custom Fabric, and I needed to find something that took a fat half (or less) of fabric AND would really show it off!  This is the canvas version, so it has a little more thickness and is more sturdy than the usual woven I work with. The pattern I ended up going with is "The One With More Me Know" from Sincerely Jen, and it was originally an exclusive created to go with a fun box of curated fabric and supplies from More Me Know! I still haven't made it with the original supplies, but after seeing how fast and fun it is, I will be making it again!

Somewhat structured, stood up nicely!
The pattern calls for waterproof canvas for the exterior, with water resistant canvas lining, but I only had regular canvas for the outside and quilting cotton for the lining. I added in a layer of SF101 to all the pieces, and it has almost a perfect amount of slouch/structure!

Back, with slip pocket
The pattern has a good amount of pockets, one on the back that is pretty giant, plus the front has a zipper pocket and a slip pocket with a magnet closure.

Peering into the back pocket

Peering into the front pocket...

The other front pocket

It's pretty deep!
Inside is another zipper pocket and the top closes with another magnet. It's a good one for quick access, but deep enough that stuff shouldn't immediately spill out if it tips. 
The Luna glasses pull looks like it blends in, but it is so pretty!
I used the fun hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts to kick this bag up a notch! There is the Night-Mare iridescent zipper tape, rainbow buckle D rings, rainbow clasps, and the rainbow specs and hallows zipper pulls!

I stockpiled these zipper pulls, so I have enough for many more purses and wallets...

The front accent vinyl is some I picked up from Backstitch fabrics, and the glitter is even better in person! I found some licensed Deathly Hallows fabric in my stash, it was subtle enough that it doesn't overwhelm the main print, but it still adds a bit of fun to the bag!

I usually try to avoid dark liners, but this one looks so good!


Just another fun pic of the bag
Don't forget to check out all the amazing prints available for preorder now at Longshore Custom Fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!