Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Robin Hood XL Rainbow Phone Pouch (Genycartes Sewing Patterns)

Sometimes simple is all you need, and the Rainbow Phone Pouch is a perfect example! A bright Robin Hood fabric from Ohana Fabrics really makes it fun!

Fortunately the fabric is small scale, so all the images ended up on the bag!
It's important to remember to cut the inside of flaps the opposite direction of the outside if you want it 'right side up' when open
When you have such bright and colorful fabric, you need to either go super plain for your accents, or embrace it and go for all the colors! I really love this rainbow Effervescence from Robert Kaufman and do not regret buying an entire bolt of the amazing fabric. I still have so much left, but it goes with almost everything!

Very hard to get good inside pictures of small purses
The request for this bag was to increase the size from the original pattern, so I added on several inches (and forgot to mark down exactly how much last year when I made it...I'm a little behind on sharing). It was pretty easy to increase the pattern because there are no tricky pieces. 
Leia was the original pattern size.

The rainbow makes for a super pretty strap!

The perfect accent was the fun zipper from Level Up Hardware! The bright rainbow zipper tape with Night-mare coils looks great and coordinated with the rainbow hardware (also from W,S&C) and I think I even used rainbow sewing string! (Probably...I use it whenever I can!)

It's a fox archer!

Quick projects are super satisfying!

The colorful zipper is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!