Thursday, March 9, 2023

Quilted Vinyl Mav Pack (Linds Handmade Designs)

Rarely do I ever buy a pattern and start it in the same week, unless it's for an order that I suddenly realize I don't actually own the pattern I need...but this adorable Mav Pack from Linds Handmade Designs caught my eye, and I kept seeing people finishing it in just a few hours.  I bought it and stitched it up in the same weekend!

The vinyl actually has a purple tint
The Mav is a pretty small bag, but so cute! I was able to snag some amazing pre-quilted vinyl from a recent drop at Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and I can't wait for the restock to get more! This is the purple sapphire version, but it looks black until you catch it in the light and realize the top is a translucent layer with a glittery purple base that peeks through. 

I almost got the purple shimmer!
This pattern is actually pretty fast, and I could see myself making a bunch more in my custom vinyl and fabrics! It would even be fun to embroider on the front...So many ideas and so little time!
Sleek outside
The strap has a unique finish, and is actually done in a way that lets you have the fancy end on both sides, without losing the adjustable feature! I used the 1.5" seatbelt webbing from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, plus the lavender glitter vinyl, rainbow triangle connectors, and rainbow clasps.
The back side of the quilted vinyl is more like a fabric, so the raw edge pieces had to use a different vinyl
Since this was just for fun, I dug into my stash for a Tula Pink Eden coordinate to use as the lining and for the connectors. It's just so pretty! 
The zipper inside is a to-go coffee cup. Because I could.
It's hard to get an inside shot when it's so little!

Most of my zippers are related to a fandom, but I found a hexagon and coffee cup that seemed to work with this bag. The inside is pretty tiny, so it's hard to get a picture of the inside zipper. I think the next one I do will have another zipper pocket, then I will be able to completely sew the bag without needing to close the turning hole in the lining.  Even though this is a thicker vinyl, I was able to turn the bag without much swearing...

Quilted vinyl also hides the wrinkles from turning. I didn't even press the finished bag!

I probably won't go for this quilted vinyl for the connector pieces with the quilted exterior again, it was almost too thick for my beast machine! I might have to upgrade to a real industrial machine someday...if I can find room in my craft studio!

Random unused phone for scale...I think it's a galaxy S7?
This bag was already claimed by a child, but I was seriously trying to justify keeping it for myself! If it was slightly bigger, I think I would have kept it, but I carry too much random stuff for the tiny bag lifestyle. I can't wait to make more of these! I'm going to try to squeeze in a few more between orders, but I will definitely be offering them for custom orders as well!

There is plenty of room inside with the phone, and it fits my galaxy S22 Ultra perfectly with room for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!