Saturday, March 4, 2023

Stabby Cat Sandra Saddle Bag - (Strike fabric from Snow Willow Designs Fabric)

When I got this epic fabric from Snow Willow Designs, I knew that the panel would make a great flap on a bag, but I couldn't decide which one.  After a LOT of deliberation, I happened to run across some interfacing I cut probably 5 years ago and that helped me decide to make it into a Sandra Saddle bag from Swoon (Aff Link). I always leave off the extra front magnet piece, and move the magnet to the back of the flap, but after I had done that, I realized that I could have made the flap piece into a cat paw, how perfect would that have been?? Oh well, maybe next time...

I'm pretty sure if cat's could hold knives, we'd all be in trouble...
Coordinate has a great pattern as well - looks like a cat walked across the fabric and matches perfectly!
The Stabby Cat fabric cracks me up, and there are some other great ones in the Beans and Fluffs collection. The artwork for this fabric is all drawn by Snow, and it is so fun!

The cats are so happy and fluffy!
The Sandra has an inner zipper pocket, plus the slip pocket under the flap, but I like to add in extra pockets, so I put a zipper pocket on the back as well.  The hardware for this one is all from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. I still had some of the cat plates zipper pulls in my collection, so I paired one with the Day-Dream iridescent zipper tape for a fun accent. 

Fat cat zipper pull was perfect.

Front slip pocket, holds a lot!
Inside I used a paw print cutout zipper. I'm going to say it's a cat's paw. I used rainbow hardware for the connectors and sliders because it matches everything! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) Pay no attention to the wrinkles, this is a slouchy bag that is impossible to keep smooth without filling it up and I gave up on ironing after a while.

I remembered to add my tag...after I already finished the outside.
The coordinating fabric for this collection is a fun pawprint one, and I could see it being used for a BUNCH of other projects as the focus piece! I used my extra panel fabric to make the connectors and zipper pockets, and I still have a little more left. I need to see how many other projects I can squeeze out before the round ends, already did one small pouch 
Side shot, this bag is pretty roomy for being a smaller bag!
It looks pretty big here, but I've decided that Manuela is just small boned...
None of my 'inside the bag' shots turned out great. I gave up.

Opened up
The preorder closes March 19th, so make sure to grab your Beans and Fluffs!
Wanted to try a 'dressed' shot...not sure if I like it or not
One final pic of the fun fabric, don't miss out on ordering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!