Friday, April 7, 2023

Seam Reaper India (Swoon) and crazy cats Professional Pouch

I have some fun panels in my collection, just waiting for the perfect order. The India from Swoon Patterns (aff link) is a simple but stylish bag, with so much room! The original pattern is reversible, but I added a zipper to the top of this one (no reversible zippers in my stash) and made it so that there is a definite inside and outside.

I got the stripes to match on one side...almost!
The Seam Reaper panel from Backstitch Fabrics is so fun, and I was able to use the rest of the panel to make the straps and gusset! This was a woven panel, so the image is a little smaller but fit perfectly on this small India!

I love stripe fabric

A less zoomed in shot to show the shape a little better
The other fabric that was requested for this order was an awesome black cat fabric from Blended Threads. These crazy cats make me laugh every time I look at them!

Are they staring into your soul?
This bag obviously needed some fun hardware. I used a moon and bats and a grim reaper zipper pull on the outside, but I can't remember where I found them...Inside are some paw prints, also cute! This is a pretty minimal hardware bag, so that was all I used.
A fun zipper!
Doesn't everyone stockpile random zippers for the perfect project?
This is a nice and deep bag, so it's a bit harder to get pictures of the lining. I found a deep teal grunge fabric in my stash that was a great color for the lining!

And a cat pocket inside

This was a fun combo, not something I might have considered normally, but it looks so amazing together!

With the cat pouch perched on top
Part of the order was a coordinating mini zipper pouch, so I used the Professional pouch and the cat fabric. It turned out so cute! I really want to make a bunch of these little pouches with my scraps, but I just never seem to have any extra time. 

Tiny scraps of the panel helped to tie them together!

Obviously I had to feature this cat on the back. He's majestic.
The zipper for this one came from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts (aha, I remembered one of them!) and it has different cat images on each side.

Cat face

Full cat body
The lining also uses scraps of the teal from the purse lining.

Simple inside, too small for anything else!
Both of these patterns are fast and fun to make, and I really should try to get orders for them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!