Monday, April 3, 2023

Rainbow and Cork Tote

Sometimes I get orders for non-fandom purses, and they still turn out fun! I can't remember what pattern I used for this one, or if I even did use one...For tote bags it is pretty easy to cut a bunch of rectangles and just go for it! 

Simple, yet elegant tote bag

Plain side
I love the cork material, it's so gorgeous and it sews like butter! This one is a natural color with gold flakes and then the customer wanted some fun pops of color, so the lining is rainbow Effervescent fabric.
The metallic gold accents are beautiful.
Inside I put in a slip and a zipper pocket, and it's SUPER roomy!
Inside zipper pocket
Peering down to the bottom, so deep!
With rainbow lining fabric, you obviously need rainbow hardware, so the connectors and castle zippers from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts were an easy choice! Add in the bright rainbow zipper tape, and you have one happy bag!

I love how adding some simple hardware gives a tote bag instant style!

Rainbow castle for a hint of fandom

Actual rainbow zipper, instead of the iridescent one I usually go for
I really need to start using my cork collection, we live in a very dry climate and I either need to condition it or use it! I have no idea how to do the conditioning, so obviously I should make stuff and hope it ends up in humid areas...right?

Bag bottom shot, as it is loaded it will square up the base more, probably.

All zipped up
A simple outside, showcases the cork material!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!