Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Golden Girls Sky Harbor Tote (Sew Sweetness) and NCW (Emmaline)

It's always fun to use a snarky fabric on a purse and wallet set, and this awesome Golden Girls inspired fabric from Backstitch is so pretty! The Sky Harbor Tote from Sew Sweetness really worked great to show off all the fun pieces of this fabric, plus some panels!

The full set

The purse has zipper side accents, to give it a bit of style. It was a little difficult to sew it up on my flatbed machine, but if you have a free arm machine, it might be easier. I ended up sewing with my head inside the bag a few times to see what I was doing! It's a big bag, so at least I fit in...

As they say in St. Olaf...

Pray for brains.
I used vinyl on this one, but it was a softer vinyl, so it ended up giving me a little grief as I sewed. The order also had a request for an embroidered flower, so I added that to the vinyl base. I thought it would have blended in too much on the fabric, but it popped nicely on the solid vinyl!
Fairy floss sewing string from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a PERFECT match!

Apparently I didn't get a  close up of the embroidery...
I had some perfect zipper tape in my stash that had all the main colors! Throw in some tropical themed zipper pulls, and it's a match made in Heaven! I honestly can't remember where I got the hardware or zipper tape for this bag, I think it was from the start of my zipper tape collecting...
Is 'vibrant pastel' a thing?

Flamingos

Normally I use a coordinating fabric for the lining, just to save the special stuff for where it will have the most impact (and to save customers a little on the costs), but I even used it on the inside for this one! It makes it a little wild inside, but super fun! 
Slip pockets
Inside, this purse has a set of slip pockets and a zipper pocket, plus a key clip!
Zipper pocket
Key clip piece, easy to find!

The quotes on this fabric are EPIC.

NCW inside, kind of blends in!

A matching wallet is always fun! I make the NCW pretty often, but they are usually the same fabrics, so it was really fun to make a bright one! I found a perfect match fabric at Joann's, it's a teal palm tree one that reminds me of the 80's and Florida!
Sophia is peeking over my tiger!
Looking down into the pockets, 12 card slots and the zipper pocket
Dorothy on the flap
The flamingo zipper pulls were really fun!
Trust me, they are flamingos

The back, with some more awesome quotes.
I still have a little more of this fabric in my collection, time to come up with another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!