Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Surprise Doll Essential Crossbody (Sewn Ideas)

This adorable doll fabric from Backstitch made a totally cute little crossbody bag! The Essential Cross Body bag from Sewn Ideas is a pretty quick project, but it does take some patience to get all the curves and gussets done nicely.

Panel says "If you can't be a mermaid in a sea of fishes, be a unicorn in a field of horses"

I used a woven panel for this one, and found a teal fabric in my stash that perfectly matched! I almost passed on this fabric, but fortunately I managed to snag some before it went out of print. 

So many adorable dolls!

A purse about unicorns obviously needs rainbow unicorn zipper pulls and rainbow zippers!  These are from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, my go-to for all things rainbow.

Rainbow for all the things!

Gorgeous unicorn
I used some of the main fabric to make the inside pocket, and the dolls really pop against the aqua!

The aqua fabric has a texture print, which makes it more interesting
The bag has 2 zippered pockets (1 inside, 1 outside), divided slip pockets, and a little card pocket. You wouldn't want any more for this little bag, or there would be no room for anything in the main part!

Slip pockets

A final look at the 2 versions I made, they were both so fun!

Night and day versions?

Backs, also very different!
I will be taking orders again in January, so if you would like your own unique bag, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!