Wednesday, January 3, 2024

2024 Plans and Goals

I don't like to call them resolutions, because then it seems like they are easier to break...don't ask me why. Instead, I try to outline goals and a plan to reach them whenever we start a new year. Last year I didn't write any down, but I worked on finishing orders faster and staying more caught up, so I could squeeze in test bags and strike projects, and I was able to meet that goal!

Everything is better with pics, so here's my first UFO project for 2024, the almost 7 year old Factotum!

Without any further ado:

My goals for this year:

  • Stay on top of orders - I occasionally procrastinate on starting 'quick' orders because they aren't as exciting or fun as new things.
  • Add new listings to Etsy - I have a bunch of things that can be repeat listings (doodles, new keyfobs), plus even more things that I have a limited supply, so instead of randomly taking them to in person shows trying to find the right person to buy it, I'll get them listed up.
  • Clean up old Etsy listings - new/better pics, verify they are still relevant, get rid of all listings that aren't driving traffic or getting any views
  • Do a 'new' sewing pattern every month - I have so many patterns I bought and have never made, plus samples are great for figuring out how much to charge, and using up my stash (subject to change based on new patterns and how I feel each month)
    • January -- Hiraeth Purse
    • February -- Marilyn wallet
    • March -- Dandelion Double Zip
    • April -- Triskele Wallet
    • May --Brooklyn Bag
    • June -- Purse Pal
    • July -- Traudy Triangle Bag
    • August -- Ymri Skull Wallet
    • September -- Hinterland Purse
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??
  • Stitch out new embroidery patterns - This one I'm going to be flexible on. I'd love to do 5/week, but I need to remember that I have to sleep at some point...
  • Organize sewing studio - This is multi pronged, which involves:
    • destashing fabric and supplies, 
    • organizing all the remaining supplies, 
    • cleaning as I go, 
    • recording what I'm keeping, and 
    • finding better ways of storing/sorting/etc
  • Blog more - Ideally, 2x per week for a total of 104 posts this year. I noticed I'm slowing down on the sharing, but I still have a TON of makes waiting to be shared!
  • More active on Instagram/sharing - I'm good at sharing in my personal FB group, but with the randomly changing algorithms, I can't depend on that for my business!
  • Finish up at least 1 UFO/WIP a month.  (as I uncover more, I'll add to the list)
    • January -- the Factotum that I started maybe 6 or 7 years ago...
    • February -- Mini MLP bag I found while cleaning
    • March -- crochet project, tbd
    • April -- ??
    • May -- ??
    • June -- ??
    • July -- ??
    • August -- ??
    • September -- ??
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??

That seems like a lot, so I should probably stop now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!