Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Firefly Walkabout Wallet (StudioKat)

This was the first time I have used a StudioKat pattern, and while it ended up looking nice, I don't really plan on making this one again any time soon! Mainly because it uses binding, which is my kryptonite. Also, it isn't a PDF file, so I can't easily print new pieces if I lose some of the pattern pieces!

My little Kaylee came out to make it all shiny! And a matching vax card holder

For this wallet I used a fun Firefly inspired fabric from Moonbeam Textiles, another great fabric shop that has closed its doors. 

Focus on just the wallet
The wallet has a bunch of pockets inside, plus an external pocket with a snap to keep it closed. I found a shimmery quilting fabric that coordinated perfectly! The stars are gold foil printed, so they really are shiny!

Tiny card pocket was perfect for a scrap of the outside fabric

Inside also has a zipper pocket for change. To keep the inside slim and easy to close, I didn't use a custom zipper, just a normal #3 zipper.

Lots of card slots!
Different angle to try to show off the gussets

There's even slip pockets on the side of the zipper pocket
I was able to use some of my Serenity zipper pulls, in the brass (antique gold) finish. I don't normally use this color of hardware, so I had to special order them.
The double zipper pulls is a little overkill on a wallet, but made it easier to sew up!

Other side, with another Serenity zipper and the wrist strap (detachable)

This wallet was pretty cunning, don't you think?

The elastic piece holds 2 pens in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!