Monday, April 29, 2024

Stitch Toss Quickstitch Easy Tote - Pattern Testing ChrisW Designs

The newest pattern from ChrisW Designs is SUPER cute! It comes together quickly, has a fun new zipper overlay, and even better, is FREE if you sign up for the newsletter! (or buy it HERE if you don't want to sign up) I see a bunch of Quickstitch Easy Totes in my future...

Nice and roomy tote!

Other side...which looks pretty much the same!
There is also another new pattern (on sale now) for a ton of other sizes and shapes of the zipper overlay, so be sure to grab those if you like the idea of an integrated and fast card slot/zipper pocket! You could add them to just about any purse or bag, and they go from 6" to 9" zipper lengths, plus have pieces for both #5 and #3 zippers!

I'm trying to decide what other bags I could add in an overlay...
Back to the Quicstitch... I used some my fun tossed 626 from Hapa Fabrics for the outside, with 1.5" webbing from Backstitch Prints for the straps, plus the smooth 626 vinyl for my overlay. A magnetic rivet snap from Kamsnaps.com closes the entire bag, and a fun Aqua Oasis Day-dream zipper from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts with a zipper pull from Level Up (probably?) gives the inside a nice accent!

I missed my chance to stockpile more of this webbing!

The Quickstitch has one external pocket between the straps. It would be super easy to cut another one and make the pocket on both sides!

I very briefly considered trying to fussy cut the pocket to match, but this fabric blends it in anyway!  

The inside overlay for the zipper is pretty amazing. I used oly-fun fabric to do my card slots, which is a super light weight, non-fraying fabric. I didn't feel like dragging out my scan n cut, so I hand cut the overlay. I considered tracing it on the back of the vinyl so I could just use scissors, but I wanted to center Stitch on the bump, so I just carefully used my rotary cutter. If you used a plain vinyl or cork, that bump would be PERFECT to add a tag!

It's really hard to get a picture INSIDE a bag, especially with a dark liner fabric.

A nice and roomy zipper pocket, used to sew the bottom shut!

I used a glitter vinyl for the bottom, and I could have added purse feet, but I didn't. Mainly because I didn't want to dig through hardware to find them....might be time to reorganize and label things again!
It's super glittery, trust me.
Make sure to sign up for the newsletter to get your pattern! Or contact me if you'd like to order a custom Quickstitch Easy Tote!

This pic makes it look like a little bag, but it is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!