Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Stoner Begonia Drawstring Backpacks (Blue Calla)

I planned on releasing this on 4/20, but I missed my chance! I really don't want to wait another year, so guess I should share them now. These Begonia Drawstring Backpacks from Blue Calla are super fun and surprisingly fast to make!

I didn't get a pic of only the backpacks, so you get to see the ENTIRE order!
They are a lot sturdier than the freebie ones that my kids were getting at every event for a while, and the front zipper pockets are really handy.  I've also made them with bigger pockets, so they can hold even more! Both feature fabric from Backstitch, and algae vinyl from My Punkbroidery, which are no longer available unless you get lucky in a destash!

The woven panels are great for smaller purses, and the background is pretty awesome!
I modified the front of the Best Buds Potter one to fit a panel for the front pockets, and then only sewed the lining together to make it into 2 pockets, so there isn't a line down the center of the image. 

Best buds stick together

It was really easy to make the change, and only took a little math to make sure my top and bottom still came up to the same finished size. For this one I used some fun gunmetal zippers, a lightning bolt from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and a flying Harry from...somewhere else. 

Looking down in the front zipper pocket
The main print is pretty amazing, and so fun! 

All the character names are awesome! 

For the lining, I found some 420 fabric, which, somehow I'm not surprised, was an entire line of fabrics. They were so perfect for both of the bags!

Fancy lighters!

The second bag uses the Super High Bros from Backstitch, another fun print!

No panels, only the fabric
The blue zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a perfect match! The zipper pulls on this one are Yoshi and a controller and I also have no idea where I got them. 
Rainbow hardware for this one!

I did get a nice shot of my tag, which I probably remember to put on bags about 95% of the time now!

It's Luigi-Chong

Inside is more of the 420 fabric, perfect accent!

Let me be blunt...

These guys are pretty high

I really loved making this entire order, lots of pieces, but they were all pretty fast! I keep thinking I should make a bunch of the H2O's, fanny packs and these backpacks to take to events, but somehow I never have enough time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!