Thursday, October 10, 2024

Parks Version 2 - Annette by Swoon

Every time I make an Annette purse from Swoon(aff link), I remember how nice they end up! It's a slightly fancy purse, but I love how fun it looks with the different fabrics!

Hello pink!

The other side
Adding in vinyl accents does class it up a bit, especially if they are metallic and embossed! The pink tooled vinyl from My Punkbroidery is gorgeous and pretty easy to work with (and out of stock)! Just make sure you don't press too hard/long when fusing interfacing, or you end up with much less detailed vinyl...

The bottom of the bag, vinyl gives it a little protection

I have so many fun zipper pulls and this bag used a bunch of different ones! The ears, castle outline, and cutout castle came from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, plus all the gorgeous rainbow connectors! 

The castle is rainbow, just doesn't look it for some reason...

I can't remember where the zipper tape came from, but it was a perfect coordinate!
This bag also has a 'concealed' pocket. It's more of a discrete pocket than actually hidden, but it could be used to hold lots of things, not all used for defense! ;) The Annette really works well to add in the pocket, since the seam is in the perfect spot!
You can stick your whole hand in there!
Inside the purse is a slip pocket and a zipper pocket, for a little organization!

Slip pocket, big without taking a lot of space inside the bag!

Zipper pocket side
Both of the fabrics I used on this bag were from Miss Mac, a group that abruptly closed. I still have a little stockpile of her fabrics, but I can't decide if I want to destash them or hoard them in case I need to make something else amazing!
My tag, and you can almost see the gorgeous colors of the sewing string from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!

Inside is simple, but roomy!
I added on the cross body strap connectors, which are the same style as the regular connectors. The original pattern has a big, swoopy handle connector piece on each side, but it covers up too much of the pretty fabrics, so I switched to a smaller rectangle.
The Buckle D rings, are my absolute favorite connectors! Lightweight, sturdy, and don't slip around

I think it's about time to make another Annette, maybe I'll just do one for fun if I don't get any orders for one soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!