Friday, August 7, 2026

Ghoulfriends Bagmaking Set - KNITorious Fabrics

My Strike for the Spooky round from KNITorious Fabrics was this fun Ghoulfriends Bagmaking panel! I didn't get a picture of it before I cut it up, but the fabric came with 2 sides of a tombstone and the coordinating damask attached. I could have just cut it up and made a very simple tote bag with the provided fabric, and it would have been HUGE but skinny. Instead I decided to do some creative cutting and add in a top zipper panel plus use some of my fabric stash for the lining.

The handles are just webbing, so hard to make them stand up long enough to step away and take the pic!

Second panel is blank, would be perfect for embroidery!
These are BIG panels, and I was working on a crowded cut table and tight deadline, so I didn't pull out my giant 20.5x20.5" quilting ruler to do measurements. Instead, I eyeballed and just put things on top of each other. I probably made it more work than it needed to be! I decided to see how much of the coordinate was needed for the bottom, then measured what was left and divided it in 2 to get the side panels. Instead of measuring at that point, I just laid the pieces on top of my lining and interfacing and cut that way. It ended up working out!

My cut chart, it makes sense to me!

I did end up trimming a little off my zipper panels to make the top come in a little, and have the wide opening. My zipper doesn't really show up in the pics, but it was a sparkly grey, with a skull zipper pull from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts.
Kind of shows the glitter of the zipper

and the skull zipper pull
I love the fun details in the damask! This material is the Canvas Repel, so the bag is even water resistant!
Skulls and tombstones and cats!

Plus gorgeous detailing!

I didn't add in any extra interfacing like foam or fleece, and only did SF101 on the lining fabric, so this is a slouchy tote bag that can be stuffed to the gills!

My backyard gave a perfect neglected look for the photo shoot

I used some air pillow packing material to fill up the bag and make it stand up
The lining is just a grey patterned fabric, probably from Joann's. I didn't end up adding in any pockets inside, but there is a LOT of room in there!
I did add stabilizer to the bottom, for support

I planned on doing a pocket with the extra damask, but I think it would make a super cute little zipper pouch instead. Just need to squeeze it in before the scrap gets lost in the void of my sewing studio! 

This would be a great trick or treat bag, big enough to hold ALL the candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!