Monday, August 3, 2026

VHS Roma - Swoon Patterns

When companies first started offering vinyl versions of the custom fabric, I was hesitant to try working with it, mainly because I worried my machine wasn't sturdy enough to do it justice. It was a valid concern; you can't hide when you have to rip out stitches in most vinyl since it leaves little holes, and I do that often. I've used it a lot for accents, but an entire bag intimidated me! Fortunately the Roma from Swoon was a great test bag, so cute and little, and I was able to make the entire outside out of the Backstitch VHS vinyl.

This is my childhood...in vinyl

Back - all the amazing titles

Opened up
I used some solid yellow Kona fabric from my stash for the lining, and there is literally only a magnet for the hardware on this bag, plus 2 sets of snaps for the sides.
There are snaps on the sides to fold it in and give it a cute shape!

 Pockets are minimal too, just one slip pocket that was divided in 2!

Kids now will never know the pain of someone taping over part of your favorite movie that you recorded from tv!

The final topstitching was a little tricky, since vinyl is pretty thick and can be grabby, but I managed it with my regular sewing machine. Now that I have the Sailrite, I bet it would be even easier to do more of these cute little bags!

I still have some of this design in fabric and vinyl, waiting for another perfect project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!