Monday, May 12, 2014

A fast little baby crochet hat

I had a chance to make a little hat for a new baby, and I love this pattern!  Shell Stitch Beanie is a fast and cute hat, and I made the flower from the link at the bottom of that post.  I only did the first 4 rounds, but I am not a fan of GIANT flowers on tiny hats.  Big flowers are cuter than giant, I think anyway... This is actually the second one I've done, but of course I can't find the pictures of the first. 
 (actually a pretty good shot of the true yarn color!)

I used Simply Soft by Caron in Rose (I think?) for the hat and a sparkly white for the flower (something baby from Hobby Lobby...my labels seem to disappear like magic).  When making the flower, if you are going to sew it onto the hat (versus a removable pin/clip) I would suggest leaving a LONG tail (at least 12 inches).  And when you fasten off, leave another long tail for sewing the bottom petals down.  I left the inner petals un-sewn and just attached the middle.  A cute button would fit perfectly in the center, but I was trying to get this done quickly!

This hat took me under 2 hours, including sewing the flower on!  That's like a record for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!