Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Holiday Rush - Ornaments, Plus A Million Things On The List That Never Ends

Every year after the mad rush of Christmas, I vow to start presents early NEXT YEAR, and every year I find myself in the middle of December, still needing to finish Christmas cards, make presents, buy presents, bake cookies, and ship stuff off.  Then it's suddenly Christmas Eve and it's too late for anything still left on the list!  Next year I will start early!!

In the spirit of the holidays, here are some pretty ornaments I've been whipping up on my embroidery machine. They take a while to finish, but minimal supervision, so I can do other things at the same time!

(Lots and lots of ornaments!)
 
(My first attempt with fabric and no shadow outline)

(I love this fabric!)


At least this year there is no stocking looming over my head!  I finally have one for each child, and I think they decided to make me one, but I'm not worried about it.  Along with all those late nights usually comes a cold/sinus infection that slows me down even more.  This year I decided to beat the rush and get sick at the start of the month!  :| 

I think this year I thought I didn't have THAT much to make, so I procrastinated.  And procrastinated some more.  And then made stuff for craft shows.  And planned to make more stuff for craft shows and Etsy...




Now I have piles of flannel waiting to be turned into blankets and pajama pants, stacks of paper waiting to become cards, and lists of every one's favorite colors and patterns...
 
(This is only the haul from this year...I still have some left from the last 2 years!)

And don't forget the teacher gifts!!  Gift cards are a life saver!!  I'm going to try to make a few more of those reindeer to throw in with the gift card, hopefully they like candy canes!  And maybe some gift card holders like these...





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!