Monday, August 17, 2015

Bag of The Month Club - Manhattan Mama Sized Purse

I really love the Bag of the Month club this year!  I can't believe it's only August and I've already made 5 of the 6 patterns!!  This one is a relatively fast sew, no fiddly bits other than the GIANT zipper!  Which is not hard to install if you take your time and use zipper tape.   Zipper tape is my new favorite thing.

Embroidery from Urban Threads, I love how this one stitches out!

For this purse, I needed a swap gift for someone that had a favorite color of orange, lived in New Orleans, and was a bubbly and fun personality.  Orange is a color I seem to avoid, so finding a good fabric was a challenge, especially since it had to be bought from a certain online shop.  I figured this fabric has touches of orange in it, so that would have to work.  She seems to love it, YAY!
Inside has a slip pocket
  
Back has a zippered pocket
The pattern is the Manhattan Bag by Emmaline Bags.  She's the same designer that came up with the Necessary Clutch Wallet, so you know it's going to be a good one! 
Front has another large slip pocket and 2 magnets to close it
I left off the Velcro for the zippered flap, mainly because I only had white (ugly!) and I wasn't going to have time to make the accessories that will fit inside.  The zippered flap is a really neat feature!

I really want to try another one with the extra accessories, this free zippered pouch is so cute! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag! By 'zipper tape', do you mean you use something like Wonder tape for securing the zipper to the seam allowance before sewing? I'm just learning about sewing bags and zippers are a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the stuff I use is wash away double stick tape, it's thin enough to go inside the seam allowance since I don't usually wash my bags and it holds it nicely but if I need to adjust, I can still pull it apart. I've also heard of using Elmer's glue or fabric glue sticks, but those never seem to hold as nice for me. I will try to get a picture of the one I'm using, but I think it is very similar to this one. http://www.joann.com/dritz-washaway-wonder-tape-1-4inw-x-10yds/3496254.html

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!