|My standard tree pic...If we ever move, I'm going to have to find another tree!|
|You can kind of see how the vinyl actually has a tie dye effect|
Once I had the fabrics, then it was time to pick out the purse pattern. I knew I wanted something with a flap, to show off the embroidery, and I'd never made the Sandra pattern yet, so that was the lucky winner! It also helped that I had printed it out at some time in the past when I thought about making it but never did, so I had the pieces ready to cut out. Now that I've done one, I feel like I could whip up another one even faster!
|It's the angle that makes the flap look so huge, I promise it's actually smaller than the bag!|
I decided to leave off the little magnet flap piece, and move my magnet to the inside of the flap so that I didn't block any of the embroidery! I installed the other side of the magnet to the outer pocket, as I made it and moved it up slightly, but I used the pattern piece as my guide to get the placement in about the right spot.
|Front slip pocket|
The purse only has a slip pocket under the flap, and a zippered pocket inside, but it's not a HUGE purse, so if you did too many more pockets it would get crowded! I might add another slip pocket on the back for the next one, or maybe at least a pen pocket to the inside since pens seem to disappear in my purses...
|Cross body strap is adjustable!|
|I resisted the urge to add anything to the back...this time. Next time, totally going to have at least a slip pocket!|
This purse can be yours! Check it out in the Etsy shop!