Monday, September 18, 2017

Time for More Zippered Pouches!

Sometimes I get a request for a 'simple zip pouch' that will showcase a fabric, and when that happens I refer back to my own quick tutorial.  I really need to update it with more pictures, but it is a pretty fast sew!
Two nearly identical pouches
Taking pictures of the inside of a pouch is a challenge...
The fabric is Fantastic Florals from Knitorious Fabrics and the lining is a licensed print from Joann's that actually glows in the dark!  (but probably not for this pouch since it won't charge up as the inside!)
prep work - cutting everything out
Back showcases the fabric as well!
Since I was already making 2 for a customer, throwing in a 3rd one for my son meant that he at least has one 'mom-made' item for school this year...and since he needs a zipper pouch anyway, it was perfect!  Not 100% sure where these fabrics came from, but I'm going to guess either Joann's or one of the online fabric shops since they are not custom printed.  He picked everything, including the zipper with the mismatched pull.
His teacher already requested one identical, but with a red pull for a Christmas gift!
I should really whip up a few of these to have on hand or list on Etsy, but I prefer to make custom things that I KNOW people will want, instead of just things I like...and I don't want to waste my awesome fabric on things people might not want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!