Monday, April 23, 2018

Hello Kitty Polaris (Sew Sweetness)

It has been a long time since I first made the Pirate Bunny Polaris for the Bag of the Month Club, so I kind of forgot about this pattern!
It's cool how the different straps almost make the fabric look different!

When I received an order for a boxy style bag, my first thought was the boxy zipper pouches that are free patterns everywhere.  After once again being defeated trying to make the boxy pouch (at least I got the shape to be mostly right this time, it's just a GIANT cube...) I took a closer look at the picture the customer sent of the purse we were basing it on and realized that was a totally different construction style and one I remembered seeing before.  A quick Pinterest search of my patterns brought up the Polaris (aff link), and it was MUCH easier after that!
R
Pink star fabric from my stash, couldn't have matched better if I planned it!

The purses are for sisters, so they had to be close enough to make it 'fair' but still different.  Fortunately one loves pink and the other one loves red!  Unfortunately for me, the main fabric has no red, so every red fabric I put with it just didn't look right.  The Tula Pink fabric was the best match I found, it does have red, but also has coordinating pink!

This is one of my favorite Tula Pink coordinates!
The Polaris is a fast pattern, especially if you leave off the piping, and it actually comes in 2 shapes, the rounded I used on Pirate BunnyBeard and the square for these.  The key to sewing these was pins.  So many pins. I lost count of how many times the pins attacked me...
Batman could make a lot of jokes here...but he'll keep it classy

Since this order was for a family that adores Hello Kitty and Sanrio, I also got to dig in my stash to make some fun crayon rolls!  I really need to sew up the ones I have cut out and get them listed up on etsy!
I think I need to stock up on more Hello Kitty fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!