Monday, April 30, 2018

Kitty Cat Emma Purses (ChrisW Designs)

After making the epic cat-tastic Sydney for a customer, she contacted me to ask for smaller purses for her girls since they loved hers so much!
Not quite matching purses for two little girls!


Back
The larger kitties were almost too large for this little purse, but I think it really works great on the flap!

Opened up, check out all that room!
The Emma from ChrisW Designs is a great little girl pattern, or for anyone that really just wants a small purse!
Back of maroon purse

The raspberry is starting to become my favorite version of this fabric
For these, we were looking for a purse that would fit a tablet, and the measurements with the case were a perfect fit.  Then she remembered the giant headphones her kids use, so there was some discussion back and forth and we decided to try increasing the gusset size to hold those as well.  Since the Dark Matter kitty fabric is getting harder to find, I decided to do the Moon Beam test fabric version first to check our sizes.  It worked great, so I was on to cutting out these!
I used the slip pocket as a way to add in a 3rd kitty fabric
Purple zipper matches the purple fabric
 The inside has a simple slip pocket and zipper pocket.
Opened up to show off the pockets and under the flap
The ocean version is my most favorite

I'm always worried that for some reason the stretchy fabric will not hold up as well under stress, so I prefer to make the gusset and strap with only woven fabrics (no stretch).  I was able to raid my stash and found a perfect purple batik match, and the pink and red effervescence from Robert Kauffman had all the colors of the maroon purse!
I have several other unique color palettes of this fabric...besides the awesome rainbow!
I'm trying to remember to stick a tiger on bigger purses, but since the original purse had one, I made sure the mini ones had a tiger too! I'm getting low on these fabrics now, but I could still squeeze out a few wallets or small pouches for sure!
Kitty purses NEED tigers!
Too small to be a Bat-mansion for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!