Friday, April 20, 2018

As You Wish - Pegasus Cross Body Bag Testing

When the chance to test another pattern for XOXO by Lauren came up, I was super excited and did my best to squeeze it into my busy schedule (ok, I might have jumped it ahead of a few, but it's fast so that's not a huge deal...) 
Mine, all mine. 
The Pegasus Cross Body tote is a fast and fun pattern, and would be amazing for craft shows and quick presents.  I have tons of fabric that would look awesome on this, and you can use either vinyl, cork or fabric for the bottom, so the different combos are endless!
Back
 For mine, I wanted a new convention bag, and I've been hoarding my Princess Bride fabric from Knitorious for the perfect purse...which this barely used any so I've got a ton left for another project!  The bottom fabric looks like cork, but it's called Uncorked and has metallic gold glints, so cool!
Slip pockets
Inside the pattern has 2 slip pockets, but I need more pockets, so I had to add in a zipper pocket.  I think an outside hidden phone pocket (like on the Minifacto) would be an easy addition, but to keep it fast you could always skip those.  It's not a huge purse, but it would easily hold a water bottle or 2 and a few snacks/wallet/flask of rum/treasures/etc... and I was so happy to see that my Tula Pink Octogarden matched!  I think octopi and pirates are a great combo!
Zipper Pocket
The bottom piece has a lot of surface and I can't leave things plain, so of course it needed embroidery!  This is actually a key fob design from String Theory Fab Art, I just left off the wording and the extra outlines.  I was tempted to do one of the quotes, but I wasn't sure how well it would fit.  The embroidery area ended up being about 6.5" tall and 8.5" wide, so any 5x7 design that stitches sideways would be great! 
I was expecting the Pegasus to be smaller, but it could almost hold the hardbound book inside!
One of the features that makes this a fast sew is the cotton webbing strap.  I have had these belt ends in my hardware stash forever with no plan, but now I think I need to stock up on them!  This is one of the few times I wished that I had gold hardware, the glints in the uncorked would have really popped!
Batman is considering becoming a pirate, as a fall-back career to being a billionaire crime fighter.
Go pick up your own copy of the Pegasus, or contact me if you need an epic cross body of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!