Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Riders of Rohan Sandra Saddle Bag (Swoon) - Moon Beam Textiles

The latest amazing fabric I got the chance to play with is the new pre-order now open at Moon Beam Textiles!
I love my new LED lightbox, it actually gets the colors better than the last one, it's just TINY!
I am totally loving the strike offs I get to sew up to help promote a great company, even if it does mean more late nights sneaking it in between orders!  I'm a Lord of the Rings fan, to the extent I've seen the movies several times, read the books MANY years ago, and even encouraged my kids to read them...but I'm not at the level of speaking/reading Elvish or remembering all the names of the Orks... so respectably nerdy.
Coordinate is really cool, and there are several to choose from!
For my Moon Beam Textile strike offs, I received 3 child panels, 2 of this one, and then another one that I'll share soon!  I also got the awesome circle coordinate (Rohan) in cotton lycra, but only a fat half, so I had to make it stretch.  I do have the previous run of LOTR in my stash, but I'm not ready to cut into that...yet.  ;) The child panel was perfect sized for the flap, with a tiny bit of extra fabric left over.  To stretch the fabric, I paired it with some linen looking quilting fabric I found at Joann's in the wide back quilt area.  

Front pocket
For this panel, I thought the Sandra Saddle bag was the obvious choice (horse with saddle bag? get it?) and it's one I've made several times before so no surprises.  I originally wanted to try some embossed leather looking vinyl or Kraft-tex, but nothing really seemed to look right until I stumbled on some dark green vinyl from my stash.  (see, totally need to have a stash!)
I might add some rivets to the connectors, just for a little extra strength.  The vinyl was kind of sticking to my machine and grabbing the foot
This isn't the first time I've done Sandra with vinyl gusset, so again, no surprises there either.  My only worry for this purse was the placement of the magnetic snap since I didn't want the flip up piece.  I finally just went with the measurements provided in the pattern and did the same on the pocket.

I can't get enough of this fabric, so pretty but could still be 'manly'
I still have one more purse to sew up, just need to get it cut out and go for it!  And then I can place my own preorder!  I need more of the panels (did you see the "Nobody Tosses a Dwarf" one??) and definitely some of the yardages in woven fabric!
Batman could store a few horses in here, if they were Bat-horses.
This post contains affiliated links, which provide me with extra fabric and supply money, but cost you nothing to use! I appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!