Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Supernatural Cursing - Necessary Clutch Wallet

If you are a fan of the tv show Supernatural, you know there is some banter and occasional 'bad word' that makes it way into the show.  For those that are easily offended, feel free to skip this post!
I need to stock up on the swing locks again, I'm down to only 2 left!

This fabric captures some of the best phrases and while it might raise a few eyebrows, it is perfect for fans of the show!
Almost got the motto centered...almost!

I need to make more Necessary Clutch Wallets from Emmaline, I forget how fast they are now that I've made several (lost count, but more than 10 I'm pretty sure) and I even made myself a template.  The next step is to make a second template for when I need to use directional fabric for the outside.  Right now I kind of wing it and it all works out...
Back
This fabric is some of the custom Knitorious canvas woven.  It's a little thicker and 'rougher' than the normal woven or cotton lycra, which means it feels sturdier and has more heft to it.  It also doesn't take the printing as cleanly as some of the smoother fabrics, but for this one, it gives it a rougher look, which totally matches the theme.  The lining is an Essex linen woven fabric (probably...it's hard to carbon date some of my stash) that is one of my favorite colors.  It perfectly matched some of the pops of color on the fabric, so I sacrificed my personal stash for it.  Guess that means I should buy more, right? ;)
These are the 'normal' options, 1 zipper pocket, and 2 sets of card pockets
 There are instructions for adding a wrist strap to the NCW, but I never really liked the method since it tends put extra stress on the flap.  Instead, I rivet it to one of the edges, which seems to work pretty good so far... and rivets mean less sewing through the crazy layers!
Strap, sometimes things just work out like magic.
I have a stockpile of this fabric, so if anyone needs one of their own, feel free to contact me! I might eventually stick some up on Etsy, if I ever have some down time without orders...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!