Wednesday, May 9, 2018

No Man Hollyhock Hobo (Blue Calla) - Moon Beam Fabrics

When you have some epic panels, finding the right pattern can be tricky!
Maps from Affordable Fabrics and More were a perfect coordinate for the Moon Beam Panels!
Extra panel on the other side

I kept going back and forth on what to make with my last pieces of Moon Beam Textiles strike off fabric, but the Hollyhock Hobo from Blue Calla won out!  I've never made this pattern before, but the overlays, interesting straps, and fun shape sold me.  I really need to make another one with all the cool outside pockets, but I didn't want to hide any of the panels (and needed to get it done asap!) so they got skipped this time around.
Decided to use my gunmetal zippers...which look more like brass to me, but still matched!

Inside zipper pocket
I swear, panels are the exact same size!
The infant/toddler sized panels fit perfectly on the tall version of the bag, with barely any scraps left over!  I had an extra of the Riders of Rohan panels, so that ended up being the other side of the bag.  Once again, I went with the linen-look parchment colored lining fabric, but I had a little extra of the Rohan fabric left, so that mean I could make a fun pocket inside!
Fancy straps!

Bottom with purse feet, to hopefully keep the light fabric a little cleaner...
Inner slip pocket
This is the first time I've used a 'faux suede' fabric, but the colors were a perfect match!  I carefully ironed it (said to use low heat) and fused SF101 to the strap, so hopefully it holds up!  It even feels soft like aged suede!
I used a press cloth (flour sack towel) to hopefully prevent melting
Gunmetal hardware from my stash, seemed to go with the 'aged' look better!
Batman is off fighting crime, but he'll be back for the next cameo!
Don't forget to place your preorder!  The round closes on the 20th of May and you don't want to risk missing the amazing fabric!

This post contains affiliated links, which provide me with extra fabric and supply money, but cost you nothing to use! I appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!