Monday, August 13, 2018

Vintage Trek Lola (Swoon)

There are some patterns for purses that I see and they just don't really draw me in.  Lola from Swoon (aff link) was one that I saw and thought, "eh, it's nice but not that great." I have been proven WRONG!  This is now my new favorite purse, and I was eyeballing my fabric stash to figure out what the next one is going to be!
The pattern is subtle enough to pass as 'normal' but other Trekkers/Trekkies will get it instantly
This is the last of my strike off fabric for Moonbeam Textiles (aff link), and you have until Aug 21 to get in your preorder! Don't have fabric regret if you miss it! I had a perfect command gold glitter vinyl in my stash, and the lining is a quilter's showcase fabric I found at Joann's that just goes with the elegant vibe.  (I think it's elegant, but I'm an engineer and dressing up for me is wearing a t-shirt without words)
Back, looks very similar to the front. Except no handmade bling.
Next time, purse feet. Definitely.
Lola is a lot bigger than I expected, but still a handbag sized purse, not a giant one.  The top zipper lets it open up nice and wide, and I moved the exterior zipper pocket to the inside.  There is also a slip pocket on the the other lining piece, to give it a little more organization.
Finally, a perfect purse for my gunmetal/gold zippers!
Slip pocket
Zipper pocket
The zipper ID pouch looks so nice with it, but there's really no part of the purse it can be clipped to easily...
Elegant little set
The motifs are great for so many different projects with all the sizes!
Don't forget to pre-order your Vintage Fandom fabric, and keep an eye out for this purse being listed either in the FaceBook group or on Etsy!
Batman feels an urge to go exploring space...
 Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company and Swoon Patterns when a purchase is made using the links in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!