Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Boldy Go Magnolia Messenger Bag - Moonbeam Strike-off (Blue Calla)

When you need a fast pattern, but want something more complicated than a simple tote bag, the Magnolia Mini Messenger is a great bag!
The embroidery is a nice touch and fits perfectly!
This fabric is part of the Vintage Fandom round now open at Moonbeam Textiles (aff link), and it is pretty amazing!  It's hard to find good Star Trek inspired fabric, but this one is great for whatever style you want, flirty and feminine, or bold and classic!
Back
This one comes together pretty quick (see the previous 4 I made all at once...) and is so easy to dress up with fun fabrics and embroidery!  For this one, I used the 5"x7" embroidery pattern from String Theory Fab Art and left off the words.  One good thing is that she does full patterns under the wording, so you can get away with only doing one layer and not have awkward blank spots!
First I embroider, then I cut. That's the best way unless you like crooked/off centered stuff...

For my fabric this time, I was able to get the woven version, and it's a dream to work with!  I have made many purses in the cotton Lycra, but woven is just easier to work with, no curling edges or accidental stretching!  I found the yellow insignia lining fabric in my stash, some licensed Trek I picked up a while ago with no plan (like 90% of my fabric, if I'm being honest LOL).  The outside accents are the Uncorked fabric, it looks like cork and has gold metallic glints but is a woven fabric so MUCH cheaper than the real stuff.  I'm totally in love with that line, it gives a bit of interest and fun without distracting from the main fabric!
Inside has 2 slip pockets and another zipper pocket

A sneak peek at the other fabric I got in my strike off, made the zippered ID case with it!
 Be sure to check out the other fun fabrics available for preorder, and there is a Vices section in after dark with some fun coffee, beer, wine, and weed fabric!  (The coffee ones are calling to me!)
 Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!