Monday, September 24, 2018

Floral Trooper Annette (Swoon)

Making two Annettes (aff link) in one month meant that I was still pretty familiar with the pattern and didn't have to study the directions as much...in theory.  In reality, I refer to the pattern pretty often to make sure I'm not skipping steps. ;)

Such a pretty trooper...
This purse had NO modifications, so other than adding in a slip pocket (which I do for all the Annette's I make anyway), it was nice and straight forward.  The only issue I had was the super sticky black glitter vinyl.  I don't know if there is too much humidity in the air, the sewing gnomes were in a mischievous mood, or what was going on, but this vinyl REALLY wanted to hang onto my sewing machine!  Using my teflon foot and tear away embroidery stabilizer scraps did help, but I still had to help the machine move it through. 
Hello there.
Pop of yellow inside, matches the flowers better than the pictures show
The exterior fabric is from Knitorious, part of the Floral Wars that was a preorder for May the 4th, and I'm already regretting not getting more! The interior is some pretty fabric from Joann's that matched amazingly!  It's a little busy with the black and white everywhere, but I think it works, and more importantly, so does the customer!

Another fun rainbow zipper!
No time to rest and pet this purse since it is making its' way to Canada! Now time for me to try to get caught up!
Other side, with more troopers peeking out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!