Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Patronus Lola (Swoon) - MoonBeam Textiles

I can't even express how excited I was to see this Moon Beam Textile fabric in person!  It's amazing and I think I need to hoard it ALL!  I don't usually make clothes, but I really want a hoodie in this fabric, maybe even a skirt, and I don't wear skirts!
Not exactly perfect wand carrying size, but close!
Lola (affiliated link) is becoming my favorite quick purse to showcase fabrics, it has a nice shape to it, comes together quickly, and has minimal pieces to cut.  I'm still not totally in love with the handle style, but I think the next one will have slightly longer handles, and maybe a fancy connector or strap end...that being said, I do think this one turned out pretty cute!
Cork bottom
The fabric is a dreamy grey color, so finding the right accent was a challenge.  Most of my glitter vinyls are very bright or dark colors, so they just seemed to contrast too much.  Or the lighter colors just blended in and got lost with the fabric, which wasn't the look I really wanted.  I finally decided to cut into my cork stash and I think this burgundy/purple color is just the right amount of soft and contrast!  Plus the handles feel AMAZING to hold!  I know cork is wood, but it doesn't feel like it.  ;)
Inside slip pocket

For the inside, I used some of my stashed licensed Potter fabric.  I do have to say that Joann's is really stepping up their game and getting in nicer licensed fabrics!
Bottom view, nice and roomy in there!
I like the zipper pocket on the inside, keeps the outside nice and sleek. Pay no attention to the wrinkle in my topstitching, going to fix that before I list it for sale!
I only received a fat half of the Patronus fabric (aff link) to play with, and I still have enough left to do at least one more project, just need some spare time to play with it!  I missed the original runs of the fabric, but I'm definitely going to stockpile this one!  There are some awesome panels to go with it, and fun potions fabric, too. Don't forget to order yours before the 21st of September!
Batman only builds in black and really dark grey legos, so he likes the grey purse.
Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company and Swoon Patterns when a purchase is made using the links in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!