Monday, January 7, 2019

Bigger on the Inside Chimera Craft Apron (XOXO by Lauren) Pattern Testing

Lately I haven't had many opportunities to test new patterns, so when this one came along, I jumped on it!  Add in the fact it is a great craft show apron (and I don't have one!), and of course I wanted to make it!  This is the Chimera Craft Apron and it was released a few months ago (I'm slowly catching up on my sharing)!
This thing is much too big for my tiny lightbox!
It's pretty flat
I was running a bit behind due to orders, but when I finally had a chance to put mine together, it was actually pretty fast to sew up!  Since I was a late tester, I decided to just go for it with my good fabric.  I've been hoarding this Doctor Who damask for me for a while now...It's one I picked up a while ago from Knitorious!  It's pretty enough that at first glance you might not even notice it's a fandom one, which is perfect for the Christmas and holiday shows I do!  The lining is Effervescence, this one is just a blue toned one, so pretty!
Since I usually bring a TON of $1 bills, I started breaking them into 2 pockets and it's much easier for me to do change.
Huge pocket!
One of the coolest features of this apron is money pockets, which is an awesome idea for keeping stuff separated, instead of having to dig through a handful of cash or leave it in a cash box and keep an eye on it!  I need to get used to using it so I can just reach in and pull out change without even looking! ;)  The front pockets are perfect for my phone, and the square reader stayed in the pocket easily.  I added in a pen slot, which was really handy for keeping track of what I was selling, and also instruction sheets or whatever else I wanted to be ready to hand to customers.  I'll stick some business cards in next time, and maybe some sticky notes!

It's actually straight, not sure why it looks so wonky!
For the sake of time, I left off the scissor holder and the clip, but it would be nice to have a pair of scissors handy for trimming the random threads I always see as I'm setting up the booth!  I was able to easily sit down or stand wearing the apron, once I got the fit adjusted.  It's the right weight so that you know it's there, but not so heavy it drags you down.
Maybe next year I'll make up a few extra, or see if I can get some orders from other vendors!  It does use a lot of fabric but the pattern is very easy to follow and construction is really straight-forward!
the back, with the adjustable strap

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!