Monday, January 28, 2019

Costumed Stitch Kenzie Cross Body Sling Style Bag (i Think Sew)

This bag was supposed to be a 'easy and simple zipper bag for a boy' but finding just the right pattern to use or hack turned out to be more difficult than I expected.  The main goals of the bag were something that would really show off the Stitch costume panel and be sized for a little boy.
Probably one of my most favorite of the costumes!
It kept sliding when I was taking the pictures, but it looks pretty neat...
Back has so many fun costumes!
In the end, the Kenzie Cross Body Sling bag ended up working great! I'd never used patterns from that designer before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I ended up doing some tweaking to the pattern, like leaving off the front pocket so we could show off the fun panel from MK* Designs, and turning it into a semi-drop in lining.  The inside fabric is a fun licensed Stitch I picked up at Joann's a while ago, using up my stash!
Opened up

Inside zipper pocket
The shape of the sling bag was perfect to showcase Stitch as Gaston, and I really like the fact that the strap can clip to both sides, so it can be worn on either shoulder.  This one is similar in size to the Speedwell, but with much different shape and features!
Changeable strap connectors


The hidden back zipper pocket would be great for keeping stuff safe while you wear it, and the front pocket that I left off looks really handy! This is the villains version of the costumed stitch, which is pretty awesome.

Rainbow zipper was a fun addition!
The strap uses both cotton webbing and the custom fabric, which gives it a fun finished effect!
What are the odds that my local mini Joann's would have the perfect color strap? Pretty good apparently!

Part of the order was for a Costumed Stitch Blanket (not villains, the original version), and it turned out super snuggly!  There are a lot of custom groups running minky versions of their fabric, and they are amazing!  The minky is usually a less fluffy version so that the printed images look crisp and clear, but still super soft.  For the backing, we went with a dark blue minky dot I was able to find locally (and much cheaper than custom minky!).
The colors are so vibrant!

Minky dot backing on the blanket
I do have a few more stitch panels available for ordering, but quantities are limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!