Friday, November 8, 2019

WIP Friday - Too Busy For Updates

I keep meaning to move my WIP posts back to Wednesday, but somehow the weeks are speeding past and next thing I know, it's already Friday!
Alpine beanie from Nella's Cottage pattern, want to make a ton more!

It's been a good keychain stitching week, and I even started cutting some out! I'm going to have to do a marathon snap session, and I might even need more keychain rings!
start of the stockpile, I get easily distracted and want to cut a few of each one out instead of finishing up the whole set...
Floor pillow cover (left) Toddler blanket (right)
I'm planning on another productive weekend, and a more productive next week...the Summit sling I'm currently working on is not going as fast as I hoped!  I should be able to finish it up this weekend, which means I will have next week to work on a large order and also get started on more lanterns!  It's also quickly approaching the holidays, which means that there is something going on for almost every weekend from now until Christmas!  While I do have several purse orders still in the line, a lot of the orders are for less involved items and I should be able to bust out several each week! (famous last words...) 

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order and color coded for order grouping)

  • Pattern test
  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • Thestral Toddler blanket
  • Sketchy floor pillow 
  • Foolish Mortals NCW
  • Supernatural NCW
  • Supernatural Mini Magnolia Messenger
  • Supernatural Bag of DOOM 
  • Supernatural Zip ID pouch
  • MLP Emma bag
  • Super Hero Summit Sling  
  • Maleficent Summit Sling - In progress, taking forever to cut for some reason, maybe the 33 pieces of interfacing are part of the slow down...and the fact that even though I double checked, I STILL started cutting the dragon scales upside down...
  • Everyday Tote - Life Is Pain panel
  • Crayon Roll orders (1/3 finished)
  • Phoebe Magic backpack
  • Marauder's map Bonnie Bucket bag
  • Rapunzel adult blanket
  • Triple Zip Wonder Women Purse with matching Teeny backpack
  • Embroidered reading pillow and inhaler case 
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • Christmas blanket
  • DBZ and NBC baby blankets
  • Allure Ariel
  • Ariel floor pillow
  • Ariel and Unicorn blankets
  • Geo Charlotte
  • Geo scrub hat
  • Geo pillows
  • Disney Denver Backpack
  • Disney Road Trip Wallet 
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • cuddle fabric blanket for youngest
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • Sandra Saddle bag - Now changed to an ITA bag, possibly...
  • R2 Blanket

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • More teeny backpacks (11/17)

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Stuffed sloth and bunny  Just need the stuff spots sewn shut!
  • Finger puppets, key chains, bookmarks, whatever I can throw on the machine while I'm sewing!
  • Posh Books  
  • Hooded towels for orders with the bath sheet sized towels(0/3) 

Craft Show Projects: (in an ideal world where I was productive every minute of the day and could work on them all day long, this would happen, but I'd be super happy to finish even half of my list!)

  • Lanterns (goal 12/50) - want to get at least 20 more done for the next shows, will be taking orders on these as well!
  • Hooded Towels (goal: 30) - (27/30 stitched, 9/30 assembled  I'll keep working on these as I have time, trying to get through my stack!)
  • Embroidered hand towels (goal: 2/10) They got some good attention at the craft show, inspired to stitch up a bunch more now!
  • Crayon Rolls (0/50)  - Got a friend to help me cut them out, now to sew them all up!
  • Posh books - new obsession, have 11 different designs but only 16 books so far, need to go on a dollar store run for more books!
  • Keychains (goal: 18/20 sheets, will be doing more as I sew - around 100 actual key chains)
  • Bows (goal: 10 never been stitched patterns, all the ponies and princesses restocked - at least 50 actual bows)
  • teeny backpacks (goal: 20 - super heroes, princesses, pretty floral fabrics, mickey mouse, star wars, not all custom fabrics)
  • Crochet cowls (3/10)
  • Slouchy hats (goal to use up my pompom stash, so 20ish) (4/20)
  • Sew up the princess apron panels (10?) 
  • fabric panel clocks (1/3)
  • Holiday geeky Stockings - I bought fabric for these a few years ago and still haven't made them...

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton face scrub pads - focusing on the Unicorn for now, but I will try to get back to these!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  going back to it after I finish the unicorn!
  • Unicorn Weebee - August UFO goal to finish - dress just needs a button and ends woven in, then a face and she's FINALLY done
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, already the right width, now to get it long enough for a child that I expect will be taller than me! - Lost track of how many skeins and ends I've used so far, but just started a new skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - have over 50 to sew up now!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • 3 clematis clutches - Found the perfect zipper pulls for 2 of them, just need some spare time!
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Downsized Denver backpack - mostly cut out, just need to figure out the straps, but may go with connectors for now to try it out
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls   
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Ruched Shirt
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!