Friday, September 11, 2020

Ghibli Trailblazer Convertible Backpack (Bagstock Designs)

Every so often I get requests for a new style or designer and I throw caution to the wind and jump in head first!  The Trailblazer was a new to me pattern, from a designer that I've only used for one other pattern (Every Day Tote).

I really love how the fabric pocket pops against the black vinyl!

I haven't been doing as much with vinyl lately, so I had to remember all my tricks for sewing it.  Fortunately the black marine vinyl is not as sticky as glitter, and with my new machine, it sewed pretty nice! The hardest part was trying to get my presser foot to raise up high enough for some of the thicker layers, but that's what rivets are for...

Sorry for the flash pic, but it shows the vinyl pieces, and the fabric straps and handles
Peering down into the void...or some might call it the back pocket.

The Trailblazer Convertible Backpack by Bagstock Designs has a ton of pockets and features.  The back pocket can either be a 'real' pocket, or can be left open and slip over luggage handles.  

Better shot of the back.

There are sooo many pockets, the front has 2 (or maybe 3? now I can't remember!), plus one on each side, and then 2 on the back

There's a pocket IN the flap!
Plus the pocket under the flap...
Side pocket
Other side pocket

And more pockets inside!

Zipper pocket
Slip pockets

Oh yeah, and the straps clip on and off, so it can be a handle carry, shoulder bag, or backpack!

One of the backpack straps to make it into a shoulder bag
Or both strap for the backpack option

The fabric is a custom from Ohana Fabrics, so fun and awesome! I have it in both the black and white background, so we decided a lighter lining would help make it easy to find stuff inside.  It's a pretty spacious bag, so I can imagine things might drop to the bottom and get lost... 

Getting an inside shot is kinda hard...

 I didn't have my fancy Ghibli zippers when I made this, so we went for a fun resin heart zipper tape I got from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!  It's a chunkier zipper, with gorgeous style!

Even the zipper pull has a heart!

I have more of this fabric ordered, so if you need your own bag, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!