Thursday, September 17, 2020

Copper Geo Nora (Swoon)

It has been quite a while since I made a Nora Doctor Bag by Swoon, but this one did seem to go together a little easier than I remembered.  

Getting a true color shot was a little tricky, it's so much prettier in person!
Light box shot? Maybe a little better...

The copper patina Geo fabric from Blended Threads is one of my favorite non-fandom custom fabrics, fun and gorgeous!  Totally worth the extra shipping and delivery time since it is based in Canada.  I may have a stockpile of several different colorways, and even some stashed for making myself clothes (which I really don't do very often because I don't enjoy hemming and fitting)

Rainbow rivets are awesome

This purse is nice and roomy, with lots of style but minimal pockets.  The top closure is a simple flip lock, but the gunmetal hardware from Emmaline Bags (also in Canada) really coordinates well!  I used some rainbow rivets for extra fanciness.

Flip lock from Emmaline
flip lock opened up

I found a perfect coordinate fabric in the stash, it has a bit of sparkle to it, and the teal is a great match to the exterior fabric! The single pocket inside is pretty roomy.

Filled up, the lining will smooth out a bit
Trying to get a shot of the texture on the lining fabric

My heavy duty sewing machine did pretty good on this bag, even though it has foam and marine vinyl! Definitely loving a stronger machine.  It even sewed through the boning on the top that gives it the extra opening feature like an old fashioned doctor bag!

Just another pretty shot

 This fabric really speaks for itself, and I have extra in my stash available for orders!  

Trying to decide if I need something for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!