Tuesday, December 8, 2020

De La Luna Begonia Drawstring Backpack (Blue Calla)

The Begonia Drawstring Backpack  from Blue Calla Designs is one of my favorite quick sews!  It's just stylish enough to be interesting, but simple enough to whip up in a day! 

I'm pretty sure there's a cool story to this fabric design
Cinched up, the ladies are still pretty visible

The simple design means that it really showcases your fabric and vinyl, so I should really make a bunch for craft shows next year...in that spare time I dream about having.

I love the vibrant skulls, I'm almost out of the purple version and this one now!

Back cinched up
The main features of this drawstring backpack are the two front zipper pockets. I had matching teal zipper in my stash from Wizardry, Stitchery, and crafts, and paired with fun bat zippers (which I totally forget where they came from), it was a perfect accent!

I love the colored teeth tape. LOVE IT.

bats in the pockets!
Inside I could add in more pockets, but it also is great for a GIANT pit of storage. The bats and moons are also part of the same Tula Pink line, and I really regret not ordering more!

It's not a pit of despair...

For the straps on this one, I used bias tape and sewed it shut (have a lot of it from masks, and it seems to be pretty sturdy), then just tied knots on the ends. It is easy to adjust the size of the straps this way, it really only needs to be long enough to fully open the top, and then wherever you want it to hit on your back while wearing it.

Side view
 
I can tie much nicer knots than bows...

The De La Luna fabric line from Tula Pink has so many vivid colors and gorgeous details that I am sad to be running low on it! I still have enough of the portraits for a few small projects, good thing she keeps releasing fun new stuff!

Just wanted an excuse to show off the pretty colors again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!