Thursday, April 11, 2024

WIP Thursday - Christmas Prep Time

Strange as it sounds, I'm already thinking about (and signing up for) Fall/Christmas shows, which means I need to start making my list of things I want to have ready for the shows! Obviously I'll be doing more of the doodle dolls, crayon rolls, and notebook covers since I have the supplies prepped for them, but maybe starting now will give me time to FINALLY do the geeky stockings I've been planning for years...maybe. I could never be a vendor that focuses on one main item, that would just get too boring! I see the booths with hundreds of keyfobs and the thought of cutting them all out has my hand cramping in sympathy. Or they do only 1 or 2 sewn item in tons of different fabrics, which is probably pretty fast for them, but SO BORING to me! One thing I would like to add is new small purses, fancy totes, and water bottle bags! Just need to start prepping them to sew up between orders, since the orders are starting to pick up again!

I'm OBSESSED with the shaker filler, it's so fun!
I'm pretty sure I could completely fill all the hours of my days with sewing and making, and still not be fully prepared (or use up all my supplies), but that's a fast way to burn out. I still enjoy making things, so not going to do that! Maybe I need to make a schedule, or start making lists (I do love lists)...and probably need to look at my inventory to decide where I have gaps in things like finger puppets, hooded towels, blankets, and kitchen towels. I am planning to do a purse sale this weekend to try to clear out some of the older ones that I'm tired of taking to the shows, and have the sale up already on Etsy! https://tigerinatornado.etsy.com


Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)  

  • Sample Plague doctor NCW
  • Golden Girls Denver backpack - Sewing it all together!
  • Golden Girls NCW 
  • Dark maps NCW
  • Reading Everyday Tote
  • DW H2O
  • 626 Fibi Foldover
~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~ 
  • HP Nora Handbag
  • SW H20, (2/6) Moondance
 ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • ITA messenger style bag
  • crochet hippo lovey - started sewing it together finally!

Embroidery Orders/Projects: 

  • Gingerbread purse - Only the strap left!
  • Coffin purse
  • shoe wings

Craft Show Projects (and RTS items): 

  • Embroider peekers on hanging towels - both hand and large size
  • Doodle Dolls - XL, Regular - make new ones and list on Etsy
  • Crochet Cowls (mini button scarves) -  List on Etsy 
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (0/10) 
  • Lanterns (0/14) - all that are left in my stash!
  • Embroidered hand towels (0/25) - I bought a bunch of fluffy style towels, and these could go on Etsy
  • Crayon Rolls (0/50) -  went a bit overboard cutting into my character fabrics, so now I have a stack waiting to be sewn, Plus list up some on etsy!
  • Posh books - 0/20 - pretty and character vinyl, plus some more snarky ones that can go on Etsy
  • Key fobs (restock and stitch new styles)
  • Pocket Pals 
  • Ornaments 
  • Finger puppets -  Olaf, Darth Vader, Kylo, R2, BB-8, Mandalorian, another princess set or Encanto.
  • Moondance Jr Legal notepad covers - Prepped a stack, will sew them up between orders/projects
  • Embroidered blankets - Bluey, Yellowstone, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Gamer, eeyore, piglet, grinch, Gilmore Girls, paw patrol...
  • Mav Packs - I picked up a LOT of kits for these last year, need to start stitching them up!

UFO list: 

Current Crochet UFO's:

  • The Child mini version
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - debating doing more of these...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Want to redo the hair, add in face, and a dress
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket 
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out, probably going to scrap this one because it needs a lot more yarn and I don't think I can get it anymore

 Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Embroidered MLP tiny bag
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - Just needs grommets!
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

2024 Goals:

  • New Sewing pattern each month:
    • January -- Bellago Caddy - well, that didn't happen
    • February -- Ninebark Backpack  It's not cheating, that IS a new pattern!
    • March -- Dandelion Double Zip
    • April -- Triskele Wallet
    • May --Brooklyn Bag
    • June -- Purse Pal
    • July -- Traudy Triangle Bag
    • August -- Ymri Skull Wallet
    • September -- Hinterland Purse
    • October -- Marilyn wallet
    • November -- Hiraeth Purse
    • December -- ??
  • Finish up at least 1 UFO/WIP a month.  (as I uncover more, I'll add to the list)
    • January -- the Factotum that I started maybe 6 or 7 years ago...
    • February -- Mini MLP bag I found while cleaning - Just going to add this to March...
    • March -- crochet project, I might try to hot glue the pieces of the fox I started forever ago and frame them instead of trying to put them on a blanket.
    • April -- ??
    • May -- ??
    • June -- ??
    • July -- ??
    • August -- ??
    • September -- ??
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!