Monday, April 8, 2024

Magical Fanny Packs

Do you need a hands-free option for your park hopping? Something that could go over the shoulder or around the waist? How about a flashback to the 80's? This fanny pack is just what you need!

Bright and colorful, but also pretty small!
The style of this one is classic 80's, and I swear my Dad still has his original one that he carries everywhere. I don't recommend this pattern, unless you are an experienced bag maker and can follow a video with minimal instructions and pattern pieces that don't exactly line up. It also doesn't call for interfacing, which I would NEVER do that for anything that might have strain.
looking from the front, this is right side up, but this is the top you see when you look down, and it cracks me up.

Even the back has great villains, that probably won't be seen much..
The packs were for use in 2 different parks, so obviously they needed to be themed! The Sketchy Villains from Backstitch is really one of my favorites, so vivid and fun!
The request was for Hades front and center
I had a fun black and white damask villains fabric in my stash from Joann's, and I was able to fussy cut for maximum fun!

You usually can't find any good Hades fabric, and this was amazing!

Ursula is in there too
It's really too bad these are hidden when you fill up the pockets!
Add in Dole whip and castle with fireworks zippers from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and it's a winner!
why yes, I DID forget to add my tag until the end, good thing it's the exact size of the strap!
The second one could have worked for both parks, technically, but how fun is the Potter/Disney mashup??

Would Meeko be in Hufflepuff?
Top view

Back, with lots of awesome characters!
I went for a simpler lining fabric, something fun but not overwhelming - another licensed HP print from Joann's.
Surprisingly roomy for such a small bag

Front pocket, not as exciting as the villains!
The hallows and house crest zipper pulls were great accents.
Gunmetal was so great for this one!

But wait, there's more to this order! Keep an eye out for more fun posts!

fun angled view

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!