Thursday, January 28, 2016

Chloe's Court - Another Easy Street Pattern Testing!

Christine of ChrisW Designs is on a roll with her new line of "Easy Street" patterns - Chloe's Court clutch is super stylish, but still a quick sew!
That fancy metal handle is from Emmalinebags!


Opened up - zipper pocket AND a slip pocket
It has some of the great detail I've come to expect from Christine's patterns, but it is not as involved as most of her regular lines (Less than 50 pieces to cut! LOL!).  If you are looking for a cute clutch that is more stylish than just a rectangle, this is perfect!  It features a fully lined zipper pocket with card slots.  The front slip pocket closes with a magnet and also has a hidden magnet to catch on the fun handle and keep it shut.  Optional strap connectors let you wear the clutch over the shoulder or just hold in in your hand.
Inside the zipper pocket - card slots plus room for a few other things!

I dove into my stash and finally cut into my Michael Miller Fairy Frost and Robert Kaufman Effervescence.  The Fairy Frost has a shimmer to it that is hard to catch in a picture, but in person it's much prettier!  I have a few more colorways of the Effervescence that I'm trying to find the perfect project for...the fabric reminds me of fractals and has a great border on one side!
Back of clutch - that is the border on the fabric!

The hardest part of this project was cutting into my nearly finished clutch to install the handle!  There is an option for a metal border instead, but the oval handles are a really neat accent!  I think installing the handle took me just as long as sewing the entire thing because I didn't want to mess it up!  I did what the instructions told me to, but I must have still cut on the small side because it took several attempts to get the handles to fit just right.  I was covered in shaved fabric pieces by the end! 
Cover me, I'm going in!  I felt like a surgeon.  Or a thug, with my switchblade exacto...
I hope you give this pattern a try, it is a quick sew and very unique!  And if you join the ChrisW newsletter, there is a discount code good until January 31 (Australia time, so more like the 30th here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!