Monday, January 14, 2019

Mary Poppins Bag

Sometimes my customers send me fabric from their own stash, which only causes me a little panic because if I screw it up, there's no wiggle room!  Fortunately I did NOT screw it up and this one actually ended up super cute!
Practically Perfect
I very loosely based the purse on a tote bag pattern from etsy. (not one I would recommend, so I won't share the pattern!)  Tote bags are actually pretty simple to put together and you can find tons of free patterns with a little searching.  I should have just made my own pattern, but I was in a crunch and thought the other one would save me some time figuring out the measurements and construction order. 
These characters are so cute!
This fabric is another amazing one from Backstitch fabrics, but there is a slight flaw on the toss fabric, so it took a little creative cutting to make sure the spelling error wasn't noticeable.  The customer sent me the panel and requested a smaller bag she could gift for Christmas.
Part of the request was for a top zipper, which gave me a chance to show off a little more of the fabric!  I also included inside slip pockets with the fun fabric.  The lining fabric is a black polka dot -- I love when I can find a cute matching fabric in my stash!
peering down into the depths
taking pictures of black inside fabric is not my favorite thing to do...
This was just part of a larger order, so watch for the other bag and blanket to show up soon in their own post!
It was hard to give up my favorite Stitch panel, but it turned out super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!